How An Ecommerce Consultant Can Grow Your Business?
Ecommerce consultants play a huge role in the development of the online side of your business. Let’s discover how an ecommerce consultant can change your business and take it to the next level.
Roles of an ecommerce consultant
What is the profile of an ecommerce consultant?
Why you should hire ecommerce consultants?
Advantages of Using an Ecommerce Consultant
What do you need to consider before hiring an ecommerce consultant?
Which soft skills should an ecommerce consultant possess?
Online resources where to find an ecommerce consultant
Ecommerce consultants play a huge role in the development of the online side of your business. Let’s discover how an ecommerce consultant can change your business and take it to the next level
E-commerce consultant is in charge of developing successful plans to grow your online business by designing productive strategies for online marketing to help you achieve your digital goals
Generally, an E-commerce consultant has very solid marketing background in search engine markets, social media, content marketing and product promotion. The e-commerce consultant is also aware of the changing market and e-commerce environment, and knows the best method to adapt the online side of your business to it
Roles of an ecommerce consultant :
The role of an ecommerce consultant covers a variety of responsibilities, including
- Analyze your business and design an e-commerce plan to grow it
- Track progress towards the defined goals
- Adjust the online plan to the changes that might occur
- Responsible for the
- search engine optimization, social media marketing, branding, product promotion and content creation
What is the profile of an ecommerce consultant ?
It is found that 64.8% of ecommerce consultants who start their journey into e-commerce consulting have earned a bachelor’s degree before becoming an ecommerce consultant, while only 16,8% earned a master’s degree. However, it is still possible to become an ecommerce consultant by just having a high school degree. Actually, one out of every eight ecommerce consultants didn’t attend college
Why should you hire ecommerce Consultants?
If you have an online business or if your business has a digital presence, you really need to hire an experienced ecommerce consultant to ensure your online services are reliable and consistent
- Develop your business: An ecommerce consultant manages the online side of your business and makes sure the user’s experience is positive when a visitor navigates your website which leads to the conversion of visitors into buyers and automatically increases the profits
- Optimize results: The ecommerce consultant is responsible for determining any issues that might happen and finding effective solutions to resolve them and ensure you are achieving the previously defined results
- Improve user experience: The ecommerce consultant has the required knowledge on the best practices to ensure an enjoyable user experience and define the reasons why visitors abandon their cart
- Develop a strategy: Based on his experience, the ecommerce consultant has the ability to develop personalized strategies for every objective and identify the right digital strategy to ensure your business achieves the best results
- Launch digital marketing activities: Ecommerce consultants are able to strengthen your sales funnel and profit by launching digital marketing activities such as : Google Ad campaigns, Facebook Ad ...campaigns, Email marketing campaigns
- Identify profitable products: An ecommerce consultant can analyze your product and decide the improvements that should take place or even develop a new product that would profit your business and attract more customers
- Provides unbiased feedback: An ecommerce consultant can offer unbiased feedback that can benefit your business more than a feedback from someone inside your company
Advantages of Using an Ecommerce Consultant:
- Allows you to focus on the core of your business: An ecommerce consultant will employ his expertise to provide business consulting on everything related to your online commerce and let you focus on the other sides of your business
- Saves you time and money: An ecommerce consultant will surely cost you less than a full-time employee. Actually, you won’t worry about supervising them or training them
What do you need to consider before hiring an ecommerce consultant ?
- Define your goals: Before you invest in an ecommerce consultant, you need to have to evaluate your current business needs, outline the set of tasks you want him to complete and get an idea about the goals you want him to help you achieve
- Allocated budget for the consultant: It’s critical to set the maximum budget you are ready to spend for an ecommerce consultant. It is important to review the consultant’s pricing page to know if it fits within your budget
- Company culture: When choosing your ecommerce consultant, make sure he understands your company’s culture, your visions and your target audience
- Previous work: Ask your ecommerce consultant to provide you with his portfolio to look at his previous work, to know if it includes something related to your industry or niche and to understand their experience with ecommerce
- Check references and reviews: To avoid dealing with the false profit type ecommerce consultants that don’t really have the experience needed to provide you with the results you’re looking for, check what other people are thinking about their services through reviews and Google searches
Which soft skills should an ecommerce consultant possess?
- Communication skills: You should ensure that the ecommerce consultant communicates well and that he’s able to build relationships quickly in order to work closely with other departments to achieve the results desired
- Problem Solving:The ecommerce consultant should be able to put the right measures in place at the right time to solve any issues faced by the business
- Project Management: If the purpose of hiring an ecommerce consultant is to work on a specific project, such as improving your Google Ad campaign, it is fundamental that he has project management skills to achieve the goals successfully
- Attention to details: The right ecommerce consultant should be meticulous because he’s brought to pay attention to details when analyzing data in order to make right decisions
- Customer service:Your ecommerce consultant is brought to understand customer’s mind to boost the results of your business
Online resources where to find an ecommerce consultant :
Besides posting an advertisement to fill the ecommerce consultant position, there are other resources where you can look for profiles to hire for the given position such as: Fiverr, Upwork, Clarity and LinkedIn
An ecommerce consultant knows what works, finds out what your business is missing and shows you how to make it more profitable